Pupil Tracking's External Gateway enables pupils, parents, carers, social workers, key workers and any other 3rd party to access data for pupils on Pupil Tracking. Access is via 25 digit licence keys which are generated by Pupil Tracking and can be issued to external users along with a Pupil ID.
Example licence key:
E4JY0 - MJB7P - 5JPMR - RK3LG - H26JP
Each licence key contains information about the type of external user and will only work in conjunction with the Pupil ID it was issued with (a Pupil ID and licence key form a unique pair). Pupil Tracking comes with Parent/Guardian and Pupil licences by default. If you require further licence types please contact Pupil Tracking Limited directly.
Using Pupil Tracking's External Gateway the following can be achieved:
- Parents can login to Pupil Tracking at any time and check on the progress their child is making
- Pupils can login to Pupil Tracking at any time and check on their own progress
- Parents and pupils can collect/download reports online without the need for a paper copy to be produced
- The school can use Pupil Tracking as a CRM (Customer Relationship Management) system to search for and retrieve email or telephone contact information for external users. This can either be done by searching for the external user directly or by searching for the pupil and accessing the contact details of external users associated with the pupil account
- The school can mass email pupils and parents informing them of important events in the school calendar
- The school can mass email pupils and parents informing them that new reports are available for them to read online
- The school can monitor who has and who has not read reports and send mass email reminders only to those users who have not read a report
- The school can instantly see lists of users who have and have not read reports
- The school can export external user contact information for use with 3rd party mass email and CRM applications
- The school can easily monitor which pupils have registered on Pupil Tracking and which pupils have a parent or guardian associated with their account
- The school can monitor login statistics for individual users, all external users or external users who hold a specific licence type
- The school has full control over external users and can deny access to individuals as well as remove pupils from external user accounts
- Teachers can mass email pupils based upon their grades. Parents can be copied in on emails so that they receive the same email as their son/daughter. Note, email addresses are never disclosed to teachers. Teachers can email individuals through Pupil Tracking but individual email addresses will never be displayed within the application. Warning: If your local authority uses a domain for email addresses that is the same across all schools e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org then we highly discourage issuing pupil licences as the potential for errors when pupils enter email addresses is very high. One letter in the wrong place and they could be giving someone else in the local authority access to their account. This could be another pupil or a teacher. School level domains are advised for pupil accounts.